Sunday, March 22, 2009

SXSW Day Four - "The Show"

Dustin Woods of A Good Fight gets medieval on a guitar riff during their set at the Habana Lounge Saturday night.


It wasn't long before the stage gap closed in at the Habana Lounge in Austin, TX.


Guitar



South by Southwest was by far the most intense music event I've attended. I noticed so many great things, especially the charity-based shows such as Project AK-47 , a charity aimed at rescuing and eliminating the practice of enlisting adolescent boys into rebel armies in 3rd world countries. Also, an anti-depression outreach called To Write Love On Her Arms, or TWLOHA. Those two especially spoke to my heart and I wished I was able to buy some of the merch. At least I can write about it and try to get my friends in Fayetteville, Arkansas involved/aware.

AGF is already talking about next year and I'm hoping I'll be able to reach out to other bands from remote cities that need photography!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a blast. Austin is only about 3 hours away from Corpus Christi, but I still haven't made it to a SXSW yet. Good to hear from you man. Glad to see you're photography is alive and well.

    ReplyDelete